Thursday, March 22, 2012

Christmas comes twice a year

Got a package containing new minis and some dip ! I have only heard good recomendations of Army Painter's dips, so I though I should try it on my forthcoming Dwarf army. I like the idea not have to paint the wash with a brush, but to dip the whole figure into it and have instant and even shade around it. I hope I'm not going to be disappointed :)


My first battalion of Dwarves ! I decided to convert the warriors to hammerers, because I didn't like the GW hammerer models and thought of paying 20 euros for five models made my stomach hurt. I opened the box and noticed that there are only few hammerheads for converting great weapon axes to gw hammers. I may have to beg my friends for some hammerheads to complete 30 hammerers with great weapons. I think there will be lots of hair pulling and swearing before the task is completed :)


Uah ! This is one of the reasons I started to collect a dwarf army. Avatars of War Dwarf Berserkers ! The figures are so great looking that I can't wait to put some paint on them. Not shure which colour to use, but the hair and beards are going to be classical orange :)


Here's the first test drive of converting a warrior to hammerer. He's going to be the Gate Keeper of the bunch, because of the leaders helmet and the pint 'o malt in his hand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment